O-City World that offers endless possibilities
Would you like to expand your knowledge and learn something completely new in the field of photography, cultural heritage, digital marketing, branding, business and other fields?
Creativity, freedom, connection with natural and cultural heritage, imagination, development in various fields, constant progress… All this is something that moves people, moves the world. That is why we need to nurture and constantly work on improving every segment that makes up life. This is exactly the philosophy that guides the O-project during the 2 years of its implementation.
Over the past year, the whole world has faced difficulties caused by the pandemic, and partners from the O-CITY project have worked hard to develop planned activities to improve the acquisition of knowledge and skills through the creation of platforms and courses in various fields.
Aware of the speed of technology development, O-City partners realized the importance of having skills and knowledge from different fields. As a consequence of that, together, they have singled out some of the most important ones and prepared courses which will help you to acquire the necessary knowledge. Photography, video, business model, digital marketing, are just some of the courses that can equip you with the knowledge that you can apply in practice and keep up with today’s trends.
Courses that are ready and waiting for you, you can find on an e-learning platform and are divided into 4 modules.
Those modules are:
- Cultural and IP
- Soft skills
In the continuation of our article we will talk more about their significance.
Why is culture so important?
No matter how fast the world and digital technologies develop, we should not forget to take care about culture and cultural goods and nurture them for the young and future generations. Because of the importance that cultural and natural heritage have we decided to connect younger generations with culture through our O-CITY platform and module consisting of two courses dedicated especially to culture:
- Cultural heritage – With the help of this course you can acquire the skills of assessing the quality of cultural heritage, and the ability to identify its characteristics according to the general framework of UNESCO.
- Intellectual Property – The purpose of this course is to describe different forms of intellectual property protection specifically focused on multimedia creativity, elements of culture and heritage, within the O-City project.
Significance of technical skills and abilities in 21 century
Technical skills are the skills needed to perform digital or physical tasks. These are skills that are necessary for fulfilling everyday performances. No matter what sector you work in, the tasks you perform on a daily basis rely on a variety of tools and processes. Having different technical skills is exactly something that can differentiate you from your colleagues and that will give you a competitive advantage over others. To achieve this, you need to master the training of various technical skills, and we are here to help you. In the digital world, it is impossible to imagine a day without photos, videos, audio, ect. That is why we have prepared 6 courses that can help you gain basic knowledge of technical skills in the digital world. These courses are:
- Photography – After this course you will be equipped with the necessary knowledge in the field of photography and multimedia, and ready to create multimedia based on photographs of the natural or cultural heritage of your cities.
- Video – The aim of this course is to equip you with the appropriate technical knowledge and competencies. You will learn everything you need to know to develop multimedia in the form of videos.
- Animations – This course aims to understand animation as a different recreation of reality, and thus valuing themes, movements and its various aspects.
- Comics – This course will help participants to learn what comics are and, with the help of the acquired knowledge, create a story from pictures, learn drawing techniques and how to construct a story.
- Podcast – After this course you will have the appropriate technical knowledge and competencies on how to create a podcast.
- Infographics – This course equips you with the technical knowledge and competencies to develop infographics.
Prevent failure of your future business with actual business knowledge!
Business knowledge is a set of experience, skills and insights into the industry that is the focus of your interest and that you have gained over time. Gaining business knowledge may seem easy precisely because of the different literature that exists, but if you don’t know where to start, it can be very bewildering, but don’t worry. We have prepared courses for you that will provide you with exactly what you need, the basis and guidelines for further development of business knowledge that will shape you as a professional. And if you still want to know what it takes to start a business with the acquired knowledge, you are in the right place.
- Business model – The business model course will provide you with a basic knowledge of business models and how to create them.
- Digital marketing – The aim of this course is to provide basic knowledge in the field of digital marketing, as well as to get acquainted with the basic channels of the same.
- Branding – The course aims to explain the full breadth and importance of branding in business, and provides the necessary practical knowledge when it comes to this area.
- Entrepreneurial finance – By listening to this course you gain basic knowledge when it comes to financing for entrepreneurs.
- Testing Business Ideas – If you want to learn how to test a business idea, this course is for you. After attending this course you will have the necessary knowledge to be able to test any business idea.
- Pitch – If you want to learn how to develop a business pitch, this course is for you.
Why do soft skills matter?
Soft skills are abilities that relate to the way we communicate, work and function with other people. These include communication, teamwork and other interpersonal skills. They represent the skills that are in demand because they are important for long-term success in various fields. They allow you to engage in meaningful interactions with other people. These skills can help you increase your career productivity, build professional relationships and progress in your business, but also in relationships with people. If you have been wondering where to start, we advise you to take courses that will open the door to a world where understanding other people and empathy is the key to any success.
- Interpersonal Skills – After lessons from this course, you will know how and what to do to develop and improve these skills, which are necessary to be successful in the job market.
- Developing Creativity – This course aims to provide theoretical foundations and competencies on how to develop creativity.
- Critical Thinking – After this course you will be able to understand the importance and benefits of critical thinking when you want to solve a problem, but also to experiment with some tools to define a good statement about the problem that will guide the critical thinking process.
How to enroll in the desired course?
To attend some of the courses created within the O-City project, you need to create your account on the portal and enroll in the course that interests you. Clicking on one of the courses listed above will show you the application form, and below it the field for creating a CFP account. After creating your account you will be able to enroll in any of the available courses.
Important information to keep in mind….
All these courses will be open until the end of December. At the beginning of next year, UPV (Universitat Politècnica de València) will generate certificates for all participants who pass the tests for the courses they have attended.
So hurry up, and use the time left until the end of this year for your personal development and advancement in the area that interests you the most! 🙂